Welcome

Welcome to my blog especially for left handed crocheters like me.


Making a bedspread

About Me

My photo
Hi,I am a self taught crocheter and have been crocheting since I was a teenager. I had to teach myself as I am left handed. My mum taught me to knit right handed so hence I knit right handed. I have been selling my crochet and knitted items for the last 10 years.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

AMY - Free Pattern

                                                                     “AMY”
Baby Summer Top
Designed by Carol Butler
 For beginners- no abbreviations

Double Knit yarn. x 100gm
4mm Hook.
3 buttons.
Gauge 4sts-1"/2.5cm 

Yoke


Using 4mm hook make 66 chain.

1st Row: (Right Side) 1 treble in 4th chain from hook, 1 treble in each of next 9 chains,
*5 trebles in next chain, 1 treble in each of next 10 chains, 5 trebles in next chain, * 1 treble in each of next 18 chains, repeat from * to * once, 1 treble in each of next 11 chains, turn.

2nd Row:  3 chain, 1 treble in each of next 12 trebles,*3 trebles in next treble, 1 treble in each of next 14 trebles, 3 trebles in next treble, * 1 treble in each of next 22 trebles, repeat from * to * once, 1 treble in each of next 12 trebles, 1 treble in top of turning chain, turn.

3rd Row: 3 chain, 1 treble in each of next 13 trebles, * 3 trebles in next treble, 1 treble in each of next 16 trebles, 3 trebles in next treble, * 1 treble in each of next 24 trebles, repeat from * to * once, 1 treble in each of next 13 trebles, 1 treble in top of turning chain, turn.

4th Row: 1 treble in each of next 14 trebles, * 3 trebles in next treble, 1 treble in each of next 18 trebles, 3 trebles in next treble, * 1 treble in each of next 26 trebles, repeat from * to * once, 1 treble in each of next 14 trebles, 1 treble in top of turning chain, turn.

Continue in this manner, working 8 rows of increasing as before, at corners (this forms yoke shapings), omitting turning chain for next row. Fasten off. (168 trebles)

Left Sleeve


With right side facing, using 4mm hook, rejoin yarn to 26th treble in from the left front edge. *4 chain, miss 1 treble, 1 double in the next treble, * repeat from * to * to end.

Next Row: 4 chain, double crochet in first chain loop of previous row, 4 chain, * 1 double crochet in next loop, 4 chain, * repeat from * to *.  At end of the row make 2 chains and 1 treble into end.

Next row:  4 chain, * 1 double crochet in 4 chain loop, 4 chain, *Repeat from * to *

Repeat last 2 rows 6 times.

Right Sleeve


With right side facing, rejoin yarn to 2nd sleeve stitches and work the same as left sleeve.

Body


1st Row: With right side facing join yarn in first treble of front, * 4 chain, miss 1 treble, double crochet in the next treble, * repeat 9 times.
Continue the same along back making 18 loops, then along 2nd front for 9 loops, ending last double crochet in last treble.

2nd Row: 4 chain, double crochet in first loop. * 4 chain, double crochet in next 4 chain loop* repeat to end.

3rd Row: 4 chain, double crochet in first loop, * 4 chain, double crochet in next 4 chain loop* repeat from * to * to end.

4th Row: 4 chain, double crochet in first loop, 4 chain, double crochet in next 4 chain loop, * repeat from * to * to end.

Repeat rows 3 and 4 until 23 rows are completed or to required length.

Last row: 4 double crochet into each loop to end, finish off.

Work double crochet all around other edges to finish.
Weave in ends.
Sew on buttons.


If you have any problems or queries with this pattern please contact me at the following:


3 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! It is so nice to "meet" another left handed crocheter like myself. :) Your work is beautiful. Thanks for visiting my crochetdlane blog.

    Hugs,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay, nice to meet you, as you say another left handed crocheter, we are few and far between. I do teach crochet as well. I also like your work. Thank you
      Carol

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely blog, full of pretty items in crochet. Crochet is very versatile I think.
    I am left-handed too but none of the crocheters in my family, my Grandmother, Mother or Great Aunt, were able to teach me to crochet left-handed, so I learned it right-handed - it's just what you get used to.

    ReplyDelete